Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Excitement Abounds

Do you love a good adventure?

I do! The earliest years of my life were filled with adventures in the backyard building forts, playing Cowboys and Indians with friends and riding bikes around the block. My Jr. High years were filled with building forts under the house (pier and beam), watching the Cowboys on a Super Bowl quest and riding bikes around White Rock Lake. My college years were filled with educational adventures, as my mind was fortified with knowledge, examples and experiences. I begged rides to Colorado to snow ski and rode trains throughout Europe. I took greater interest in the adventure of wondering if God had a mate out there for me.

Whether it is adventures in my mind, around the globe or simply the adventure of getting to know someone, I enjoy the stimulation of an exciting experience.

I view reading through the One Year Bible as an adventure. I can't wait to see how God will reveal Himself to me. I long to gain a greater understanding of Jesus Christ. I desire to encounter His transforming grace throughout Scripture. I look forward to a great sense of community as our church family interacts throughout the year.

What about you? Is this adventure exciting or intimidating for you? Why are you looking forward to it? What are you concerned about? Share your thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not so much up for adventure this year. I think I'm reading more for comfort and strength and to draw closer to God and my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am both excited and intimidated. Excited because my whole family is on this adventure together! But also intimidated that I might let them down if we don't see it through. It has lead to some good family discussions already, though!

    ReplyDelete