Thursday, January 13, 2011

Always at Work


Someone sent me this picture a few years ago. I believe it is from Iraq, early in the war.

When I gaze at it, I wonder if this is what Moses saw on Mt. Sinai. Did God manifest Himself this way in the wilderness? It is almost as if God has pulled back the curtain without revealing too much. He has made it known that He is there and He is not silent.

A picture like this one reminds me that God is always at work. Sometimes I see Him clearly. Sometimes I notice His work upon reflection. And sometimes I may not understand His handiwork until heaven.

Have you seen anything, like this picture, that made you think of God this week?

1 comment:

  1. I've had a hard time getting over this cold I started soon after Christmas. I think of Him when I realize my own strength is so easily limited. All it takes is a stuffy head and the discomfort it brings to make life seem pretty hard. Each thing I accomplish is like a little picture reminding me I really can't do anything apart from Him.

    ReplyDelete