Thursday, January 20, 2011

Always on My Mind?

I love reading through the Bible. I am enjoying the manner in which the editors apportioned the readings of Old and New Testaments, Psalms and Proverbs.

As I think back over this week, I was struck by Joseph, one of my favorite people in the Bible. I love the drama of his life, the authenticity of it, the triumph and tragedy, the way it ended. And I love the way he fears God. God is at the center of his thoughts.

When people need dreams interpreted, he makes sure that they know the Dreamgiver. When he is pursued and tempted with lust, his continuing thought remains, "How can I do this and sin against God?" Regardless of what anyone else thinks, he voices his passion for pleasing God.

God is not "first" in his life. Instead, God is at the center of who Joseph is and what he does. God is his consuming passion. In a very simple way, I glimpse 24/7 worship.

That's what stayed with me this week. What stayed with you as you read and prayed over God's Word?

No comments:

Post a Comment